How Much Can You Tow With a Ford Escape?
The 2019 Ford Escape is a conveniently small but mighty vehicle that will surprise you with its ability to deliver powerful performance. You might think this compact SUV can’t be used for moving heavy cargo, but it can actually tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Pair that with the spacious interior, and your Peoria driving experience will be reimagined with the new Ford Escape! Explore the Ford Escape towing capacity and more with Mike Murphy Ford below.
2019 Escape Towing Capabilities
The 2019 Escape is a pretty small vehicle, making it easy to park in East Peoria. However, the even more exciting news is that you don’t have to compromise on performance and towing capabilities when you choose this compact SUV. The Escape towing capacity varies with your chosen trim level and components, including these engine options:
- Minimum Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds with a 2.5L Duratec 4-cylinder engine
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds hauled by a 2.0L EcoBoost® engine
A tow package upgrade accents each towing feature, meaning towing through Pekin has never been easier! Additionally, if you choose the Intelligent 4WD System, you’ll get the added benefit of an extra level of traction and security when towing.
Interior Space and Features for the Ford Escape Compact SUV
The 2019 Ford Escape towing capacity is pretty great, but this compact SUV has even more to offer, such as 68.0 cubic feet of total cargo space and the ability to comfortably seat up to five passengers. With all seats upright, the cargo bay of the Escape offers 34.0 cubic feet of cargo space, meaning you’ll have plenty of room whether you’re grocery shopping or leaving Washington for a weekend trip with the whole family.
Even when you’re at capacity with five passengers, everyone will be comfortable thanks to 98.7 cubic feet of passenger volume. The Escape also comes loaded with plenty of incredible safety features and accessories that will give you peace of mind and keep you entertained while driving:
- SYNC® Enhanced Voice Recognition and available SYNC® 3 with Wi-Fi® Hotspot
- Available Ford Safe and Smart™ Package with adaptive cruise control, Lane-Keeping System, and more
- Media bin center console with USB access
- AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control) corrects slippage and steering issues in challenging road conditions
- Reverse sensing system with select trims
- Trailer Sway Control in the trailer tow package helps restabilize and correct potential sway
- Available foot-activated power liftgate
- When you pair these helpful features with impressive towing capabilities, the Ford Escape is a vehicle you can feel confident about purchasing. Nothing compares to experiencing it for yourself, so visit Mike Murphy Ford today for a test drive!
Find Your Next Ford Escape at Mike Murphy Ford
If you have any questions about the 2019 Ford Escape towing abilities and features, feel free to contact us. Our dedicated Ford professionals are here to help. Before you stop by, be sure to take a look at our current incentives, and if you’d like, you can apply for financing online to get the process rolling. Learn more about the benefits of choosing a Ford model when you compare Ford vs. Chevy cars, trucks, and SUVs. Or, if you’d prefer an SUV with a bit more cargo space, compare the Ford Escape vs. Ford Edge to see if the Edge is better suited to your needs.
More From Mike Murphy Ford
Driving a pickup truck around Peoria doesn’t have to mean sacrificing efficiency. Take a look at the 2019 Ford Ranger mpg ratings, and it becomes clear why it’s considered one of the most fuel-efficient gas-powered trucks in the midsize pickup class. With an EPA-estimated 21 mpg city and 26 mpg highway*, East Peoria drivers can conquer…
The 2019 Ford Escape is a conveniently small but mighty vehicle that will surprise you with its ability to deliver powerful performance. You might think this compact SUV can’t be used for moving heavy cargo, but it can actually tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Pair that with the spacious interior, and your…
Whether you are looking for a new or certified pre-owned Ford, in need of professional maintenance and repairs, or need a place to get genuine Ford parts, you’ll find it all at Mike Murphy Ford. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with total satisfaction every time they walk in our doors. That means providing…