What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
For a strong, capable pickup truck that works hard and delivers on performance, the 2019 Ford F-150 is for you. With various available engines and a number of configurations from which to choose, the new F-150 can certainly be customized to your liking, especially when it comes to the F-150 towing capacity. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? It all depends on the setup you select, but it delivers a maximum of 13,200 pounds of towing capabilities, propelling it ahead of the competition. Learn more about what the Ford F-150 can do for you around Peoria with Mike Murphy Ford!
F-150 Towing Capacity By Engine
Across the F-150 lineup, there are five engines available, and F-150 towing capacity varies based on the engine you choose. We break it down below:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: 7,700 pounds of maximum towing
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 9,000 pounds of maximum towing
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: 11,600 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: 11,400 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 13,200 pounds of maximum towing
F-150 Towing Guide
Want to make the most of your towing experience in and around East Peoria? Check out these tips from Mike Murphy Ford:
- Properly inflate your tires. Connect with the Mike Murphy Ford service center to learn about putting nitrogen in your tires!
- Keep anything loaded into a trailer securely in place.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you, as hauling a trailer, boat, or anything else will mean you need extra stopping time.
- Similarly, exercise extra caution when passing another vehicle or merging.
- Utilize the following F-150 smart towing features:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- 8-inch productivity screen that provides trailer information
Boost Your Towing with the Ford F-150 From Mike Murphy Ford!
Clearly, the new Ford F-150 has you covered when it comes to towing, whether you’re heading off on a camping trip or going to the worksite in Pekin. And with a payload capacity of 3,270 pounds, you can load up the bed with even more gear! Get in touch with our dealership to schedule a test drive of the F-150 and discover all that it has to offer!
More from Mike Murphy Ford
Kicking off major auto shows for 2020, the Chicago Auto Show media days began this week, and America’s brand came to show off! In addition to showcasing a wide range of 2020 production models, Ford debuted their much-anticipated 2021 Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUV, as well as the shockingly sexy GT supercar. Read on to learn…
How do you need to use your pickup truck in the Peoria area? The way you plan to drive your pickup will help you to determine an appropriate truck bed size. For example, if you want to use your new Ford F-150 as a daily driver, a smaller bed might work best to make more…
Within the extensive Ford SUV lineup, the Ford Edge is well known for its thrilling performance capabilities. Yet Peoria-area drivers who get behind the wheel also want to know that the 2020 Ford Edge interior will accommodate their spacial, comfort, and convenience needs. Check out the Ford Edge interior dimensions and features with Mike Murphy Ford before…