What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
For a strong, capable pickup truck that works hard and delivers on performance, the 2019 Ford F-150 is for you. With various available engines and a number of configurations from which to choose, the new F-150 can certainly be customized to your liking, especially when it comes to the F-150 towing capacity. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? It all depends on the setup you select, but it delivers a maximum of 13,200 pounds of towing capabilities, propelling it ahead of the competition. Learn more about what the Ford F-150 can do for you around Peoria with Mike Murphy Ford!
F-150 Towing Capacity By Engine
Across the F-150 lineup, there are five engines available, and F-150 towing capacity varies based on the engine you choose. We break it down below:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: 7,700 pounds of maximum towing
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 9,000 pounds of maximum towing
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: 11,600 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: 11,400 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 13,200 pounds of maximum towing
F-150 Towing Guide
Want to make the most of your towing experience in and around East Peoria? Check out these tips from Mike Murphy Ford:
- Properly inflate your tires. Connect with the Mike Murphy Ford service center to learn about putting nitrogen in your tires!
- Keep anything loaded into a trailer securely in place.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you, as hauling a trailer, boat, or anything else will mean you need extra stopping time.
- Similarly, exercise extra caution when passing another vehicle or merging.
- Utilize the following F-150 smart towing features:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- 8-inch productivity screen that provides trailer information
Boost Your Towing with the Ford F-150 From Mike Murphy Ford!
Clearly, the new Ford F-150 has you covered when it comes to towing, whether you’re heading off on a camping trip or going to the worksite in Pekin. And with a payload capacity of 3,270 pounds, you can load up the bed with even more gear! You can always contact us to learn more about the F-150 trims, towing abilities, and anything else about the Ford F-150. Get in touch with our dealership to schedule a test drive of the F-150 and discover all that it has to offer! Take the time to look at the F-150 Lariat, as well!
More from Mike Murphy Ford
The 2021 Ford Ranger is quite popular around the Peoria area. It’s one of the most advanced small pickups in its class, and boasts some impressive features. However, the best feature is the Ford Ranger towing capacity, as it harnesses best in class towing when properly equipped. Learn more about the 2021 Ford Ranger towing…
Just because the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport has incredible off-road capabilities designed to hit the trails outside of Peoria doesn’t mean you have to forgo comfort and style. The Ford Bronco Sport interior makes for a comfortable, well-connected ride. You can go rugged or stylish with the Ford Bronco Sport interior options. Take a look…
If you want one of the top pickup trucks for your Peoria travels, there’s no better place to turn than the Ford Ranger trim levels. This truck is known for its capability and versatility, and there are three feature-loaded options for 2021. So whether you want a budget-friendly powerhouse or a well-appointed truck with…