What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
For a strong, capable pickup truck that works hard and delivers on performance, the 2019 Ford F-150 is for you. With various available engines and a number of configurations from which to choose, the new F-150 can certainly be customized to your liking, especially when it comes to the F-150 towing capacity. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? It all depends on the setup you select, but it delivers a maximum of 13,200 pounds of towing capabilities, propelling it ahead of the competition. Learn more about what the Ford F-150 can do for you around Peoria with Mike Murphy Ford!
F-150 Towing Capacity By Engine
Across the F-150 lineup, there are five engines available, and F-150 towing capacity varies based on the engine you choose. We break it down below:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: 7,700 pounds of maximum towing
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 9,000 pounds of maximum towing
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: 11,600 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: 11,400 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 13,200 pounds of maximum towing
F-150 Towing Guide
Want to make the most of your towing experience in and around East Peoria? Check out these tips from Mike Murphy Ford:
- Properly inflate your tires. Connect with the Mike Murphy Ford service center to learn about putting nitrogen in your tires!
- Keep anything loaded into a trailer securely in place.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you, as hauling a trailer, boat, or anything else will mean you need extra stopping time.
- Similarly, exercise extra caution when passing another vehicle or merging.
- Utilize the following F-150 smart towing features:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- 8-inch productivity screen that provides trailer information
Boost Your Towing with the Ford F-150 From Mike Murphy Ford!
Clearly, the new Ford F-150 has you covered when it comes to towing, whether you’re heading off on a camping trip or going to the worksite in Pekin. And with a payload capacity of 3,270 pounds, you can load up the bed with even more gear! Get in touch with our dealership to schedule a test drive of the F-150 and discover all that it has to offer!
More from Mike Murphy Ford
Within the extensive Ford SUV lineup, the Ford Edge is well known for its thrilling performance capabilities. Yet Peoria-area drivers who get behind the wheel also want to know that the 2020 Ford Edge interior will accommodate their spacial, comfort, and convenience needs. Check out the Ford Edge interior dimensions and features with Mike Murphy Ford before…
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? Many Peoria drivers ask this question as they consider whether the Explorer will accommodate their driving demands. The good news is, no matter where you’re headed around East Peoria, you’ll be able to bring along everything you need thanks to the 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity of 5,600 pounds….
Want the driving dynamics of a sedan with the space of an SUV? Then the 2019 Ford Escape dimensions are sure to impress Peoria drivers. In fact, the new Ford Escape promises plenty of space for both passengers and their belongings, no matter where you’re headed in the East Peoria area. And with exterior measurements of…