What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
For a strong, capable pickup truck that works hard and delivers on performance, the 2019 Ford F-150 is for you. With various available engines and a number of configurations from which to choose, the new F-150 can certainly be customized to your liking, especially when it comes to the F-150 towing capacity. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? It all depends on the setup you select, but it delivers a maximum of 13,200 pounds of towing capabilities, propelling it ahead of the competition. Learn more about what the Ford F-150 can do for you around Peoria with Mike Murphy Ford!
F-150 Towing Capacity By Engine
Across the F-150 lineup, there are five engines available, and F-150 towing capacity varies based on the engine you choose. We break it down below:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: 7,700 pounds of maximum towing
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 9,000 pounds of maximum towing
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: 11,600 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: 11,400 pounds of maximum towing
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: 13,200 pounds of maximum towing
F-150 Towing Guide
Want to make the most of your towing experience in and around East Peoria? Check out these tips from Mike Murphy Ford:
- Properly inflate your tires. Connect with the Mike Murphy Ford service center to learn about putting nitrogen in your tires!
- Keep anything loaded into a trailer securely in place.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you, as hauling a trailer, boat, or anything else will mean you need extra stopping time.
- Similarly, exercise extra caution when passing another vehicle or merging.
- Utilize the following F-150 smart towing features:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- 8-inch productivity screen that provides trailer information
Boost Your Towing with the Ford F-150 From Mike Murphy Ford!
Clearly, the new Ford F-150 has you covered when it comes to towing, whether you’re heading off on a camping trip or going to the worksite in Pekin. And with a payload capacity of 3,270 pounds, you can load up the bed with even more gear! You can always contact us to learn more about the F-150 trims, towing abilities, and anything else about the Ford F-150. Get in touch with our dealership to schedule a test drive of the F-150 and discover all that it has to offer! Take the time to look at the F-150 Lariat, as well!
More from Mike Murphy Ford
Depending on which powertrain you choose, the 2020 Ford Fusion MPG varies. Whether you decide the gas, hybrid, or the plug-in hybrid engine are best for your Peoria travels, the Ford Fusion fuel economy still pulls ahead of the competition. Explore the Ford Fusion gas mileage options as they vary by powertrain with Mike Murphy Ford. Then,…
With four trim levels and six configurations, the Ford Fusion offers something for every Peoria driver. You can expect a combined fuel economy rating of 23-27 mpg depending on which of the Ford Fusion configurations you choose. Available all-wheel drive and eight exterior paint options are just the beginning of what the Ford Fusions configurations…
If you’ve compared the 2020 Ford Escape to the Chevy Equinox, you know that the Escape offers significantly more horsepower. One way to utilize all that power is with the Ford Escape towing capacity. Depending on which engine you choose, your 2020 Ford Escape can tow up to 3,500 pounds! That’s more than enough to…