What is the 2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
Reviewers and drivers in Peoria alike are big fans of the 2020 Ford Edge, and it’s no wonder. With the powerful Ford Edge engine and driver-inspired interior, the Ford Edge is an easy favorite for East Peoria drivers. But, did you know that the Ford Edge towing capacity tops 3,500 pounds? Paired with impressive cargo features, you’re all set to tow your camper to Starved Rock State Park for a great outdoor weekend with friends or family. Take a closer look at the Ford Edge towing capacity wit Mike Murphy Ford.
2020 Ford Edge Engine Options
Part of what makes the Ford Edge towing capacity so high is the two Ford Edge engine options, which include a best-in-class V6 engine:
- Twin-scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, Turbocharged, Direct-injection engine produces 245 hp, 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine cranks out 335 hp, 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine achieves the maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
Ford Edge Towing Features
The Ford Edge towing capacity is enhanced by safety and driver assist features that make hauling on Pekin streets a breeze. Some of them are:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package — is required if you want to tow 3,500 pounds, along with AWD.
- Hill Start Assist — automatically holds the brake when the vehicle is on an incline to prevent backward roll as you’re switching your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive — uses sensors to monitor traction and balance torque between the front and rear wheels to maximize traction and enhance handling.
- Traction Control — limits wheel spin by reducing throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control — allows you to tow more confidently by applying brakes or reducing engine torque when necessary to maintain control.
The Ford Edge ST is loaded with more features that make towing more comfortable and driving more fun: cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and much more.
Ford Edge Towing Package
Want even more towing capability? Add the Class II Trailer Tow Package to your Ford Edge. It’s standard on the ST and available on SEL and Titanium AWD models. It includes trailer sway control that helps you navigate safely by detecting the sway of the trailer and adjusting the brake pressure or reducing engine torque to give you the ultimate control.
Find Your Ford Edge at Morton!
When you’re ready for an SUV that has the power to tow 3,500 pounds and looks great doing it, check the inventory of the 2020 Ford Edge at Mike Murphy Ford! From the Ford Edge engines to the impressive towing package, the carrying capacity will keep up with your needs. Have additional questions about the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity or want to know when you can hit the Morton streets for a test drive? Contact us today!
Eager to learn more about the latest additions to our lineup? Compare the 2021 Ford Edge vs. Ford Escape today.
More About the Ford Edge’s Features
The new 2020 Ford Edge is a five-seater compact SUV that offers reliability, interior comfort, and strong performance to ensure the safety of your East Peoria family. Before you travel to Mike Murphy Ford outside of Peoria, check out the 2020 Ford Edge reviews to see what the auto industry critics are saying! The Ford Edge reviews critique…
Within the extensive Ford SUV lineup, the Ford Edge is well known for its thrilling performance capabilities. Yet Peoria-area drivers who get behind the wheel also want to know that the 2020 Ford Edge interior will accommodate their spacial, comfort, and convenience needs. Check out the Ford Edge interior dimensions and features with Mike Murphy Ford before…