2020 Ford Escape Towing Capacity
If you’ve compared the 2020 Ford Escape to the Chevy Equinox, you know that the Escape offers significantly more horsepower. One way to utilize all that power is with the Ford Escape towing capacity. Depending on which engine you choose, your 2020 Ford Escape can tow up to 3,500 pounds! That’s more than enough to get your camper to Starved Rock State Park, or your boat to Goose Lake! Learn more about the Ford Escape towing capacity with Mike Murphy Ford.
Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine
East Peoria drivers have options when they choose their 2020 Ford Escape engine. The most fuel-efficient hybrid engines still generate a Ford Escape towing capacity of 1,500 pounds. Here’s how the four engine options compare:
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5LHybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5LHybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
The upgradeable tow package available for each powertrain makes towing around Pekin simple and safe. The available all-wheel drive system can add even more traction and stability as you tow your trailer through inclement weather.
Ford Escape Towing and Performance Features
But that’s not all that makes the Ford Escape towing capacity so impressive. Here are a few of the performance features that make towing even easier with the Ford Escape:
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: All-wheel drive is great when conditions are rough, but it’s not the most efficient way to drive. That’s why the Ford Escape lets you choose when to engage all-wheel drive.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Along with being able to choose when you use AWD, your Ford Escape offers these drive modes to accommodate Morton-area conditions: Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes.
- Trailer Sway Control: This system restabilizes and corrects potential sway, giving you more control over your trailer.
Find Your Next Ford Escape at Mike Murphy Ford
Are you ready to hit the road for family fun? Then Mike Murphy Ford is ready to get you into a Ford Escape! Contact us and we’ll help you get the right Ford Escape for your towing needs. Come in for a test drive so you can feel the engine power and experience the Escape’s comfortable interior! Then explore the towing capacity of the 2020 Ford Edge.
More From Mike Murphy Ford
Peoria drivers know that Ford has led the way with their SUVs for decades. But did you know that they’re doing it again with the peppy and nimble 2021 Ford EcoSport? This subcompact SUV has the driveability of a car with the extra cargo space you expect in a versatile SUV. With a starting price…
A full-size SUV needs to have a well-equipped interior for Peoria families. Find it in the 2021 Ford Explorer! How many seats are in the Explorer? There’s ample seating for seven passengers with plenty of Ford Explorer cargo space and technology. Take a look inside at the Ford Explorer seating and other interior features Explorer…
Drivers from Peoria to East Peoria are in the market for an SUV that offers plenty of space for their daily drives. This often leads them to want to know more about the 2021 Ford Explorer. You might be thinking, “I’ve considered the Ford Explorer, but how many seats does it have?” The new Explorer easily…