2020 Ford Escape Towing Capacity
If you’ve compared the 2020 Ford Escape to the Chevy Equinox, you know that the Escape offers significantly more horsepower. One way to utilize all that power is with the Ford Escape towing capacity. Depending on which engine you choose, your 2020 Ford Escape can tow up to 3,500 pounds! That’s more than enough to get your camper to Starved Rock State Park, or your boat to Goose Lake! Learn more about the Ford Escape towing capacity with Mike Murphy Ford.
Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine
East Peoria drivers have options when they choose their 2020 Ford Escape engine. The most fuel-efficient hybrid engines still generate a Ford Escape towing capacity of 1,500 pounds. Here’s how the four engine options compare:
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5LHybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5LHybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
The upgradeable tow package available for each powertrain makes towing around Pekin simple and safe. The available all-wheel drive system can add even more traction and stability as you tow your trailer through inclement weather.
Ford Escape Towing and Performance Features
But that’s not all that makes the Ford Escape towing capacity so impressive. Here are a few of the performance features that make towing even easier with the Ford Escape:
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: All-wheel drive is great when conditions are rough, but it’s not the most efficient way to drive. That’s why the Ford Escape lets you choose when to engage all-wheel drive.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Along with being able to choose when you use AWD, your Ford Escape offers these drive modes to accommodate Morton-area conditions: Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes.
- Trailer Sway Control: This system restabilizes and corrects potential sway, giving you more control over your trailer.
Find Your Next Ford Escape at Mike Murphy Ford
Are you ready to hit the road for family fun? Then Mike Murphy Ford is ready to get you into a Ford Escape! Contact us and we’ll help you get the right Ford Escape for your towing needs. Come in for a test drive so you can feel the engine power and experience the Escape’s comfortable interior, too!
More From Mike Murphy Ford
Depending on which powertrain you choose, the 2020 Ford Fusion MPG varies. Whether you decide the gas, hybrid, or the plug-in hybrid engine are best for your Peoria travels, the Ford Fusion fuel economy still pulls ahead of the competition. Explore the Ford Fusion gas mileage options as they vary by powertrain with Mike Murphy Ford. Then,…
With four trim levels and six configurations, the Ford Fusion offers something for every Peoria driver. You can expect a combined fuel economy rating of 23-27 mpg depending on which of the Ford Fusion configurations you choose. Available all-wheel drive and eight exterior paint options are just the beginning of what the Ford Fusions configurations…
If you’ve compared the 2020 Ford Escape to the Chevy Equinox, you know that the Escape offers significantly more horsepower. One way to utilize all that power is with the Ford Escape towing capacity. Depending on which engine you choose, your 2020 Ford Escape can tow up to 3,500 pounds! That’s more than enough to…