2021 Ford Escape Towing Capacity
While the 2021 Ford Escape is a compact SUV that’s smaller than the 2021 Ford Edge and offers a plush interior, it’s still capable of a whopping 3,500-pound towing capacity when it’s properly equipped. The Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds. No matter which Ford Escape you choose, you’ll have plenty of power and performance options designed to fit the way you drive in Peoria. Take a deeper look into the Ford Escape towing capacity with Mike Murphy Ford.
Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine
While both Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity numbers remain at 1,500 pounds, the two gas engine options are able to tow more. Which one has the higher towing capacity, and what do you need to achieve the top Ford Escape towing capacity in East Peoria? Here are the numbers:
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
To make your towing safer and easier, each powertrain can be equipped with an available tow package. Also, when you choose the available all-wheel drive system, you’ll get increased traction and control on Pekin streets when it’s raining or icy.
Ford Escape Towing and Performance Features
In addition to the available tow package, the Ford Escape towing capacity is enhanced by towing and performance features that simplify the towing process. They include:
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: To keep your Morton drives fuel efficient, this feature shuts off all-wheel drive during ideal driving conditions.
- Selectable Drive Modes: These include Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes, and provide you with the best degree of traction for the job.
- Trailer Sway Control: Worry less about losing control of a heavy trailer attached to your Escape with this system that restabilizes and corrects potential sway.
Experience the 2021 Ford Escape at Mike Murphy Ford
No matter what level of towing power you need, find it in a 2021 Ford Escape at Mike Murphy Ford! Take a look at our new Ford Escape inventory, then contact us to arrange a test drive. We look forward to showing you what this small but mighty SUV is capable of doing!
New Ford Escape for Sale in Morton
More About the Ford Escape
For families driving in the Peoria area, it can feel overwhelming to find an SUV that’s just the right size. You want the right balance between comfort, cargo space, and fuel efficiency. Prepare to find all these factors when you choose a 2021 Ford Escape! Dimensions are plentiful both in the interior and exterior,…
While the 2021 Ford Escape is a compact SUV that’s smaller than the 2021 Ford Edge and offers a plush interior, it’s still capable of a whopping 3,500-pound towing capacity when it’s properly equipped. The Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds. No matter which Ford Escape you choose, you’ll have plenty…
If you’ve seen the 2021 Ford Escape on Peoria streets, you know that it’s a sleek head-turner. Just wait until you see the Ford Escape inside! You’ll find sophisticated Ford Escape interior colors in a spacious cabin with a clever design that makes plenty of room for five passengers and their cargo. Add the Ford…