2021 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity
One of the main differences between the 2021 Ford F-250 vs. F-150 can be found in the Ford F-250 towing capacity. With the ability to tow upwards of 30,000 pounds when properly equipped, the heavy-duty Ford F-250 can handle Peoria jobs that are out of reach of light-duty trucks. Take a look at the different levels of the Ford F-250 towing capacity with Mike Murphy Ford.
Ford F-250 Specs and Engines
While you can expect a high Ford F-250 towing capacity on East Peoria worksites, the amount you can tow will depend on which engine you choose and its Ford F-250 specs. There are four engine options available, and here’s how their numbers compare:
6.2L V8 w/6-speed Automatic Transmission
- 385 hp
- 430 lb-ft of torque
- 19,500-pound standard 5th-wheel/gooseneck GCWR with 3.73 axle ratio
- 22,000-pound maximum GCWR with 4.30 axle ratio
6.2L V8 w/10-speed Automatic Transmission
- 385 hp
- 430 lb-ft of torque
- 19,500-pound standard GCWR
- 23,500-pound maximum GCWR
6.7L V8 w/10-speed Automatic Transmission
- 475 hp
- 1,050 lb-ft of torque
- 23,500-pound standard GCWR
- 30,000-pound maximum GCWR
7.3L V8 w/10-speed Automatic Transmission
- 430 hp
- 475 lb-ft of torque
- 21,800-pound standard GCWR
- 26,000-pound maximum GCWR
Ford F-250 Towing and Safety Features
In addition to the great engine options at the heart of the Ford F-250 towing capacity, you’ll have a host of other features and kits that can make towing in Pekin safer and easier than ever before in a heavy-duty truck. Some of those towing features include:
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: This kit provides the full towing potential of your Ford F-250.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Choose between a durable 2.5- or 3-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver to connect your truck to your trailer.
- Trailer Sway Control: Maintain control with Trailer Sway Control, which ensures seamless handling.
- Trailer Brake Controller: This system syncs your vehicle and trailer brakes and provides for smooth stops and more control.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): Maintain stability no matter where you are in IL, thanks to this system that functions with gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking.
Find Your New 2021 Ford F-250 at Mike Murphy Ford
When you’re ready to experience the new Ford F-250 towing capacity, contact Mike Murphy Ford to arrange a test drive and get started on the truck-buying process. You can get into your Ford-F-250 even faster when you apply for financing with us. We’re happy to do the work in finding the best loan rate for you.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR based on Ford segmentation.
New Ford F-250 for Sale in Morton
More About Ford Models
While the 2021 Ford Escape is a compact SUV that’s smaller than the 2021 Ford Edge and offers a plush interior, it’s still capable of a whopping 3,500-pound towing capacity when it’s properly equipped. The Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds. No matter which Ford Escape you choose, you’ll have plenty…
One of the main differences between the 2021 Ford F-250 vs. F-150 can be found in the Ford F-250 towing capacity. With the ability to tow upwards of 30,000 pounds when properly equipped, the heavy-duty Ford F-250 can handle Peoria jobs that are out of reach of light-duty trucks. Take a look at the different…
The 2021 Ford Ranger is quite popular around the Peoria area. It’s one of the most advanced small pickups in its class, and boasts some impressive features. However, the best feature is the Ford Ranger towing capacity, as it harnesses best in class towing when properly equipped. Learn more about the 2021 Ford Ranger towing…