2021 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity
One of the main differences between the 2021 Ford F-250 vs. F-150 can be found in the Ford F-250 towing capacity. With the ability to tow upwards of 30,000 pounds when properly equipped, the heavy-duty Ford F-250 can handle Peoria jobs that are out of reach of light-duty trucks. Take a look at the different levels of the Ford F-250 towing capacity with Mike Murphy Ford.
Ford F-250 Specs and Engines
While you can expect a high Ford F-250 towing capacity on East Peoria worksites, the amount you can tow will depend on which engine you choose and its Ford F-250 specs. There are four engine options available, and here’s how their numbers compare:
6.2L V8 w/6-speed Automatic Transmission
- 385 hp
- 430 lb-ft of torque
- 19,500-pound standard 5th-wheel/gooseneck GCWR with 3.73 axle ratio
- 22,000-pound maximum GCWR with 4.30 axle ratio
6.2L V8 w/10-speed Automatic Transmission
- 385 hp
- 430 lb-ft of torque
- 19,500-pound standard GCWR
- 23,500-pound maximum GCWR
6.7L V8 w/10-speed Automatic Transmission
- 475 hp
- 1,050 lb-ft of torque
- 23,500-pound standard GCWR
- 30,000-pound maximum GCWR
7.3L V8 w/10-speed Automatic Transmission
- 430 hp
- 475 lb-ft of torque
- 21,800-pound standard GCWR
- 26,000-pound maximum GCWR
Ford F-250 Towing and Safety Features
In addition to the great engine options at the heart of the Ford F-250 towing capacity, you’ll have a host of other features and kits that can make towing in Pekin safer and easier than ever before in a heavy-duty truck. Some of those towing features include:
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: This kit provides the full towing potential of your Ford F-250.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Choose between a durable 2.5- or 3-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver to connect your truck to your trailer.
- Trailer Sway Control: Maintain control with Trailer Sway Control, which ensures seamless handling.
- Trailer Brake Controller: This system syncs your vehicle and trailer brakes and provides for smooth stops and more control.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): Maintain stability no matter where you are in IL, thanks to this system that functions with gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking.
Find Your New 2021 Ford F-250 at Mike Murphy Ford
When you’re ready to experience the new Ford F-250 towing capacity, contact Mike Murphy Ford to arrange a test drive and get started on the truck-buying process. You can get into your Ford-F-250 even faster when you apply for financing with us. We’re happy to do the work in finding the best loan rate for you.
*Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR based on Ford segmentation.
New Ford F-250 for Sale in Morton
More About Ford Models
2022 Ford Escape Interior
The all-new Ford Escape has a lot to recommend it, boasting powerful capabilities in a compact frame. Hit the roads of Peoria in style and safety with features like all-wheel drive, selectable drive modes, and a strong towing capacity. One of the highlights of the new Ford Escape is its sleek interior cabin, representing the…
2022 Ford Explorer Interior
The Ford Explorer full-size SUV is back for 2022, and among its most impressive features is a roomy interior cabin with several different seating arrangements available. If you need to max out the passenger capacity, you can comfortably seat up to seven passengers across three rows, with every passenger getting plenty of head- and legroom….
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Specs
As the flagship of the Ford lineup, the Ford F-150 is one of America’s most iconic and recognizable pickup trucks. Now, it’s getting a revolutionary upgrade in the form of the Ford F-150 Lightning, a fully-electric pickup that retains everything you love about the F-150 while adding a whole new range of benefits. These include…
0 comment(s) so far on 2021 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity